Up For Air

I'm riding the high of just having submitted a manuscript.  It went out yesterday and we then had the good fortune to have family in town and thus a Mom willing to cook.  Good times last night, gang.  Thanks for the laughs.  That was awesome.  My cheeks were actually hurting on the way home.

I also had time yesterday, after hitting Send, to get the rest of my vegetable garden in.  I think.  We'll see.  I'm famous for forgetting that I've already put seeds in so I'll throw something else on top of them.  I call myself a guerilla gardener because I never know if I'm pulling weeds or last week's planting.  When it comes to gardening, I'm tall on enthusiasm, short on skill.  (Actually, that may apply to more than just gardening.)  And lucky me, the way the previous owners had things set out, there are several beds on which to practice.  Our goal this year is to retire a few, pull out the wimpy irises or sickly lilac sprigs and move them into one of the other underwatered, neglected clumps of shrubs.  Then we'll throw some compost out there and get some true surprises, with a zucchini or grapevine or currant bush appearing like magic and making me wonder who gave me currant bush seeds because I totally don't remember putting those in.  Hmmm...

Anyway, that's my long way of saying I finally have time to blog, but sadly no real topic.  I'm not mad at anyone so nothing to vent.  I'm always thrilled when I see my little marker of visits to my website has climbed.  For those of you kind enough to drop by and see if I've updated anything, thank you, although I know you're just bored at work.  (Little shout out to KT--name changed to protect the guilty, but you know who you are ;o)

I won't pretend I'll be back very soon.  I want to get a jump start on another submission and my daughter and I brainstormed an animated movie that I really, really want to get back into, so between that and pulling red clover from choking out my lettuce... well, you know the drill.

'Til next time...

Comments