Closing out 2014 - Looking Ahead to 2015

My husband watched a documentary recently on a tribe deep in the South American jungle. They refer to residents of our modern society as 'time-slaves,' while they spend all their days trying to fill the abundant time they have with hunting, gathering, socializing...

Were you a time slave in 2014? My year was insanely busy and I am therefore making a resolution to avoid the phrase, 'I'm so busy,' in hopes of no longer manifesting it for myself.

'I have all the time I need,' shall be my mantra for 2015.

I will also only make promises I can keep. No more coming onto this blog and claiming I'll be getting it together and just wait until I do. My daughter pointed out to me that messy and disorganized might be my natural state and maybe I should stop fighting it. Kids are so smart. (Of course, she's the one who missed her flight home for Christmas because she was at the wrong gate, but let's not talk about that.)

I can't say I didn't accomplish anything in my very busy 2014. I did see nine titles published. (Nine!) Here's a little graphic I just threw together, given that I have ample time for everything I want to do.


For those of you good at counting, you're right. There are only eight covers shown. The erotic romance collection is a 2in1.

I'll get to telling you what's in store in 2015 in a moment, but first I want to mention that if you're in the UK, you can buy Proof Of Their Sin for 99p until January 5th.

If you enjoy the #SampleSunday excerpts over on the blog on my website, I'm revisiting this book while it's on sale.

Read the #SampleSunday posts here.

I'll have at least one more #SampleSunday, maybe two, from Proof Of Their Sin before I start promoting my March books. Yes, plural. Books.

First up for 2015 will be The Sheikh's Sinful Seduction (pre-order now!) Here's the cover and blurb:

Ruled by duty… 

A king among men, Sheikh Zafir cannot allow emotion or feelings to color his judgment. His carnal desires must be curbed for the sake of peace in his kingdom. But his control is tested by the feisty Fern Davenport; Zafir must have her.  

Driven by desire… 

Innocent Fern Davenport tries to resist the sheikh's skillful seduction—she knows that he could never marry her. But under the blistering sun an incendiary thirst awakes, and one incredible night results in a very lasting consequence. 

Now this sheikh must claim his heir and his bride! 

Seven Sexy Sins—The true taste of temptation! 

You guessed right. This is part of a multi-author series based on the seven deadly sins. Harlequin Presents asked me to write the one on--I totally won the lottery on this one--lust. I'm very excited to see how this one is received. I believe it's on Netgalley if you download books there.

Also in March, look for my next Montana Born novella. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say about it, so I'll post the blurb at a later date.

For now, you'll want to know that it features Meg, the sister of Blake from Blame The Mistletoe. She hooks up with confirmed bachelor Linc Brady and they tear the sheets up pretty thoroughly. When I tell you the title is The Bachelor's Baby, I think you'll know what comes of that.

I've also signed on to write a fourth novella for the Montana Born Bride series, coming out in May. After that, I have something else I'd like to tackle before another novella, so stay tuned. I'll keep you posted as plans are finalized.

On the Harlequin Presents front, Seduced Into The Greek's World will release in June. I'm very excited about that one. It's the fourth and final instalment in my Makricosta Dynasty.


Demitri turned out very dreamy. I'm really pleased with this story and can't wait to hear from you on whether he lives up to expectations.

In mid-December I also turned in a manuscript that I think will be titled Vows Of Revenge. The characters are Melodie and Roman. Their story has been sitting in my brain for a couple of years, anxiously awaiting their turn to be told. It's still in early stages and hasn't been scheduled--I don't even have my first revision letter on that one yet. Wish me luck that my editor doesn't find too many issues with it.

Now--by that I mean yesterday and I had hoped today--I'm working on a proposal for a duet for Harlequin Presents. I have about five thousand words and two detailed synopses. I'm really keen on this one and hope they go for it. It has a tricky set up that I think I can get away with if I handle it just right. I'll keep you posted on what they say.

I'm also anxious to write Vittorio's story. He's the cousin of Paolo in Proof Of Their Sin. I haven't mapped out his whole journey yet, but I have found his heroine. Kind of. Lots of work to do there before it's finished percolating and ready to serve.

There you go. Lot's going on as usual. And I owe you a big thanks for all of it. I love, love, love writing romance and would not be doing it if not for my loyal fans. Thank you for sharing some of your time with me and my books this year.

Happy New Year,
Dani









Comments