Posts

Showing posts from October, 2012

It's Personal Taste

Or
There's definitely nothing wrong with that.

I touched on this when I wrote my Fifty Shades post here: Fifty Shades of Fifty Shades.  Now I've just read this: It's Genre Fiction here.

First off, I want to thank Arthur Krystal for helping me finally understand what literary fiction is. Literature with a capital 'L', as it were.  Because I've always kind of shaken my head thinking it was a story that wandered like a lost bee full of pedantic words with a lousy, or at best, dumbfounded ending.  (Pedantic: adj. Characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules. That's also what I thought literary fiction was about.  Looking up words.)

He talks about how we're returning to the days of good old fashioned storytelling which was disdained by the modernists and this was helpful for me to understand why literary readers and writers cling to this genre--because literary novels are a genre unto themselves, ask Jennifer Crus…

Not Ready For PrimeTime

Image
Or
This is why it was a soft launch.

I discovered some problems so I have pulled Hustled To The Altar.  It should be available again in a few weeks, but still only on Kindle.

This is why I didn't make a big splash with it.  I'm testing the waters and, in this case, got as far as my belly button and had to run back to shore.

Stay tuned.  (Brrr)


Oh Yeah, that's me

Image
You can buy it here: (Link Removed - Sorry.  Will restore shortly.)  Paper copy still coming soon (I'm only one person) then all the other devices next year.

Meanwhile, here's the back cover blurb:


One con-artist bride...
The last thing Renny O'Laughlin wants to do on the day before her wedding is see her eccentric ex-boyfriend—the one with more dollars than sense who provokes the thrill-seeker inside her. But his grandmother just got duped. Renny has to tell Con before she marries another man and leaves forever.
One innovative ex-boyfriend...
Games-inventor Conroy Burke won’t buckle to convention, especially marriage.  He’s crazy about Renny though.  She's the only woman able to keep up with him. When she explains how his Gran was tricked, Con sees an opportunity to convince his Wildcard she doesn't really want to settle down.
One chance to sting a thief...
Renny agrees to identify the swindler to police, not expecting a caper with inept kidnappers, an ambitious repor…

Miss You Danielle

Image

Only in Canada, you say?

Image
I'll come out and admit that I'm a bad Canadian in one particular respect. I don't care for Maple Syrup. I don't like maple-flavored anything.

But everything else about maple, I love. Our flag, the amazing colours of the leaves at this time of year, even the town I grew up in was named after these beautiful trees.

(photo courtesty of Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers)
I love the idea of tapping maple trees for their sap and making something yummy out of it. I love that my grandmother nursed a sugar maple for years, from one farm to another, hoping that one day it would be big enough to produce a few table spoons of sap. I love that Canada accounts for more than 80% of the world's supply of maple syrup. (The US supplies the remaining 20%, give or take.)

I was recently so taken with the idea, I have a heroine in an upcoming book with Harlequin Mills & Boon who grew up on an estate that produces the stuff.

That's why I was so aghast, aghast I tell yo…